One of the first stamp sets I bought from Stampin’ Up! was Papillon Potpourri. Sadly, this is retiring at the end of May.
So in honour of this set here is a really simple card.
Using a rainbow of colours, I stamped out one of the butterflies and punched them out with the coordinating punch.
These were adhered to white 1 inch circles, wings bent up for a bit of realism.
The background was stamped with Gorgeous Grunge in Sahara Sand and Smoky Slate.
Arrange the butterflies as desired. The sentiment is from That’s the Tag.
I hope you like this card. Retiring supplies are only available while stocks last. There is a link to the shop in the menu.
Good Morning Everyone,
Lift Me Up is my favourite set in the Occasions catalogue… I am so happy it will be staying with us.
This sunburst design in the Cupcakes & Carousels paper stack is the perfect accompaniment.
Four balloons were stamped and die cut. The larger balloon was adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Hope you like this project. Shop for the supplies used by clicking on the links in the menu.
Hi there crafters,
There is something magical about heat embossing…using clear powder gives a great tone on tone tone look.
I have used the Love Sparkles stamp set.
The card stock was prepared with an embossing buddy. This prevents excess powder sticking where it isn’t wanted.
The star image was then stamped with clear versamark embossing ink. Add the embossing powder and tip off the excess. Heat the powder until it melts and turns glossy.
The sentiment was embossed in gold and then die cut with a Stitched Shape framelit.
The card was finished with some ribbon and rhinestones.
I hope you have enjoyed this project.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hello again Everyone!
It’s my final week as a Pootler’s design team member…. This has been so much fun. So I am ending with a 3D project. I am very pleased with this.
6 months ago I couldn’t make boxes for toffee…but practice makes perfect.
For the base, cut some Whisper White to 6 1/2 by 11 inches. Stamp the leaf in Cucumber Crush ink. Then score all 4 sides at 2 1/4. burnish and notch out tabs as below:
For the insert, also in Whisper White, cut to 8 by 3 1/2 and score at 3/4 inch. Die cut 3 holes. Start with the end 2 and then it is easier to centre the middle one. Burnish and notch out:
For the lid, cut some Cucumber Crush card to 11 1/2 by 7 inches. Stamp the leaf as before. Score at 1 1/4 and 2 1/2. The lid will be reinforced for added strength:
To add a little something, I wrappex some ribbon around the lid, secured discreetly with some fast fuse.
I love it… Hope you do too!
Supplies used to make this project are listed and linked below:
Using up scraps of paper can be challenging. I got this idea from fellow demonstrator Dena Rekow in the US. Whilst her design uses strips, I have used squares to create a patchwork.
All the squares are 2 by 2 inches and simply adhered to the card base.
I added some “stitching” with a fine pen.
The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock.
The supplies used in this project are listed and linked below.
Some products are currently on the retiring list, shop now to avoid disappointment.
The clearance rack has also been updated. There a some great bargains to be had. Go check it out, once they are gone….they are gone!!
Today’s projects were created to use up these beautiful doilies which, sadly, will not be carried in to the new catalogue in June.
All the cards are constructed in the same way with some variation on the theme.
The idea of making a background had been in my mind for a while. The first card is made with black card and the vanilla side of the doily.
A sentiment was added to the card. This was heat embossed in white.
Here, I have used Perfect Plum and white doilies arranged slightly differently. The sentiment was added with Elegant Eggplant card, also heat embossed.
This came next, using Night of Navy card.
Finally, this was made with Delightful Dijon.
I hope you like these projects.
Supplies used are listed and linked below.
Let’s hope we won’t be needing these for too much longer….but this is such a cute card.
The umbrellas were stamped with Smokey Slate, Night of Navy and Watermelon Wonder then die cut with the matching framelits. These shapes could be cut out by hand very easily too.
They are added to the card using tape and dimensionals for a layered effect.
The rain drops were added using Pool Party and Soft Sky ink.
The sentiment was also stamped in Night of Navy ink and cut in to a banner and added across the middle of the card.
I hope you like this project and give this a go.
The supplies used are listed and linked below.